How long do you game in a single session? If you are a hardcore gamer and sit hours together glued to your chair, then beware of your long-term health. In addition to pain in the overstrained body parts, you eyes, lifestyle, spine health and overall long term health can go for a toss. The primary rule to remember is maintaining a good position in an ergonomic seat. Optimize the surrounding light to give minimum strain to your eyes.
Prevention is better than cure
This guide should help you find some ways to improve and maintain good health and continue your gaming habits.
- Good position and take breaks: Ideally, it is advised to take regular breaks in between, which may be difficult for hardcore gamers. Still, it is an essential act for your normal mode.
- Have a healthy menu: Maintain healthy eating habits. Gaming atmosphere has a tendency to make you go for heavy cheesy fast food packed with lots of artificial flavors and fats. These can make you prone to several chronic diseases. Instead, fill your eating table with nutrient rich, home-made food with lots of leafy vegetables and fiber content.
- Eye exercise: Eye strain can lead to a permanent headache and damage to your eyes. So perform eye exercises regularly and include anti-glare gadgets.
- Remain socially active: Secluding yourself indoors for too much time will cut off your social life. Maintain social contacts and visits and don’t be just a gamer.
- Maintain good BMI: Body Mass Index indicates how well maintained is your body in height and weight proportionality. Sedentary lifestyle as a result of long gaming hours coupled with fatty food can make you obese, which paves way for chronic lifestyle diseases.
- Maintain personal hygiene: Don’t get addicted to gaming. Gaming can be made a hobby for pure enjoyment and multi-player games with your friends and family can boost your relations. Don’t postpone your cleaning and personal care routines for gaming. Serious complications are sure to follow.
These are some of the most important general tips to prevent gaming from doing too much damage to your healthy living, both physical and mental.…